You are here
Records from 1693 prove the existence of an estate named “Serançan” belonging to Marquis de Cheverry. Baron de Saint- Pierre bought the property in 1767, during the reign of Louis XV and, in keeping with the custom of the time, gave his name to it. His two daughters inherited the estate in 1832. Saint-Pierre was included among the fourth growths in the famous 1855 classification.
In 1892, Madame de Luetkens sold her share of the vineyard to Léon Sevaistre, after which Saint-Pierre was sold under two separate labels: Saint-Pierre-Sevaistre and Saint-Pierre- Bontemps-Dubarry.
In 1922, Belgian wine merchants reunified the estate except for the buildings, which were retained by the previous owners. The Baron’s last descendent sold them to Henri Martin in 1981, who completed his purchase by buying the vineyard in 1982. Château Saint-Pierre, which had become a patchwork of vineyard plots over the centuries, was finally reunited.
Today, Françoise and Jean-Louis Triaud, assisted by their children, Vanessa and Jean, continue the family tradition with passion.
Gravel from the Günz period on a clay-sand subsoil
75 % Cabernet Sauvignon
15 % Merlot
10 % Cabernet franc
New barrels: 50%