You are here
Les Carmes Haut-Brion
In fact, it is the only estate to have vines in the city proper, and the postal address is: 20, rue des Carmes, 33000 Bordeaux.
Les Carmes Haut Brion is one of the last “urban” vineyards and is a veritable clos, entirely surrounded by walls.
From 1584 to 1789, Les Carmes Haut Brion belonged to the Carmelite religious order. After the French Revolution, the property was acquired by Bordeaux négociants, the Chantecaille family, and then sold in late 2010 to Groupe Pichet, who were seeking to diversify. They have already planned major investments: restructuring the vineyard as well as building a new cellar for fermenting and ageing the wine.
The château was built in the early 19th century and the three hectares of beautiful grounds designed by the landscape artist Fischer date from the same period. Château Les Carmes Haut Brion is a haven of peace and tranquillity in the historic heart of the Bordeaux wine country. It has an astonishingly warm microclimate that protects the vines from spring frosts and is conducive to early ripening.
Gravel from the Mindel glaciation on a limestone platform
41 % Cabernet franc
39 % Merlot
20 % Cabernet Sauvignon
New barrels 60%
Le C des Carmes Haut-Brion